Kube Sound Reviews – Find the Truth
Rating: 3.7/5 stars
If you like outdoor parties and listening to music so loud that all your neighbors can hear it, with a cooler at hand to keep your refreshments, the KUBE Sound could be just what you need.
It is a sound system with a cooler incorporated (or cooler with a sound system attached, if you prefer), which can play the music from any Bluetooth device so loud that everyone passing by will want to join your party. It can keep your bottles cool for hours, long enough to let you enjoy both your favorite music and drinks in a beautiful, natural environment.
Since the outdoors-oriented lifestyle is every day more popular, it is only natural for more and more people to show interest in portable speakers or audio systems and cooling devices. No party, gathering or outdoor adventure is complete without some challenging rhythms and a cold refreshing drink. But is this particular system the right solution for you? Let’s check out what it can do and find out!
About KUBE Sound
With this audio system, you can energize any party, in any environment. The acoustic technology it incorporates, sustained by an innovative power system, delivers exceptional sound. Its advanced audio components, paired with already proven engineering principles, are a guarantee for sound quality and fidelity.
With the KUBE Sound, you can take entertainment to the next level, as its amplifiers and components will ensure high performance at an unrivaled output level of 122 dB. This product has everything needed to become everyone’s favorite for any party.
Every element in its composition relies on a design where the attention to details prevails. This is easy to notice in the product’s overall aesthetics and functionality, from the tactile impression that every button creates, to the way the device connects to others.
The declared goal of the designers – to create a simple, intuitive, but at the same time elegant entertainment experience – seems to have turned into reality.
With the exceptional technology used in this product, you can enjoy pure sound both indoors and outdoors, so you can practically reinvent any space. KUBE Sound lets you spice up your personal life. You can take it with you on any trips or adventures you feel like planning. It is easy to carry around, store, and configure, and its cooling function can be a lifesaver on hot summer days.
How KUBE Sound Works?
To show their products can become the soul of any party or event, the manufacturers placed highly advanced drivers in optimal locations, managing to obtain an impressive 360-degree sound experience. This is the surround sound many devices promise, but few actually render, partly due to the 400W built-in amplifier.
Its 4.0 Bluetooth connectivity, with infrastructure and access points AirPlay, is a very important part of using this product. The lack of wires takes away many of the worries associated with traditional sound systems.
The wide range, of up to 300ft, sounds impressive, almost too hard to believe. Keep in mind that many devices promising a connectivity range of over 100 feet only worked within 30 feet from the device they were paired with, and the manufacturer does not explain how they managed to obtain KUBE Sound’s impressive range.
As far as the cooler is concerned, it should not disappoint you. It can chill drinks for up to 24 hours in the insulated compartment. The fade-in lighting lets you read the label or see how many bottles you have left even in the dark. It should be very helpful, given the compartment’s capacity of 35 quarts, meaning that you can easily store about 16 bottles of your preferred wine in it.
At this point, you’re probably worried about needing to keep the system plugged in at all times, but you won’t. Its Li-ion battery ensures up to 20 hours of playtime, so one charge should cover a weekend’s needs, or at least one full day. When it does need charging, the process will be easy to handle due to the DC and 2.1A MAX USB charging ports.
KUBE Sound’s design promotes outdoor use beyond any doubt. Its elements promise to withstand the toughest challenges of the weather, from the special form of the grill to the anodized aluminum handles. Thanks to its weatherproof design, this system is a great fit for any plans and environments -by the pool, on a boat, at the lake, and even out in the rain.
To sustain such use, all sensitive elements, such as the USB, line-in and power ports, have strategic locations on the back of the device and easy to close and open moisture protection panels. Otherwise put, at least in theory, nothing can go wrong when you use this one of a kind speaker/cooler.
KUBE Sound Features
- Sound output – 360-degree sound, at a maximum of 122 dB, with bipolar driver configuration, and an advanced digital amplifier capable of producing 400 W of power
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi / Air Play, Point Modes, A2DP / Bluetooth 4.0, dual-diversity antennas, and a wireless range of up to 300 ft
- Storage compartment – push-panel activation, self-opening lid, 35-qt capacity, insulated, fade-in illumination, flip-open, discreet drain plug
- Accessory system – located on both sides (right and left), 4 machine-threaded ports
- Device controls – power, volume up/down, wireless/Bluetooth, play/pause
- Ports – USB charging port at 2.1A maximum for a peripheral, DC KUBE Sound charging port, 3.5mm audio input port
- Battery – integrated Li-ion system, supporting up to 20 hours of playback
- Splash and water resistance – rated IP67
- Dimensions and weight – 23 x 17 x 17.7 in, 48 lbs.
KUBE Sound Pricing, Refund, and Warranty Policy
The price of this audio system is $2,999, but you have to reserve yours by making a 10% deposit.
The package contains an audio system, a DC power adapter, two handles, eight accessory system bolts, a 5mm hex accessory tool, a 3.5mm premium audio cable, a microfiber cleaning cloth, and the product documentation.
The return policy stipulates that you can only return the product within 14 days from buying it, if you are not satisfied with its performance. To do it, you have to send an e-mail to the company or call them and request the return authorization number and return shipping label that will allow you to ship the KUBE Sound back to Thomas & Darden.
The shipping costs are your responsibility, and the company recommends that you use services like FedEx, USPS, or UPS. Moreover, you need an insurance for the product’s value, and you should use its original packaging. In case your return is accepted, it could take up to 60 business days to get the money back. You cannot replace of exchange the system.
For any supposed defects identified when unpacking the product, you should contact the company within the first 14 days after the purchase. The warranty is valid for one year from the purchase date and is not transmissible to subsequent owners.
KUBE Sound Strengths
- It is a powerful audio system, rendering the music at a maximum level of 122dB, which is more than sufficient for any party, even organized outdoors.
- It delivers 360-degree sound, reaching a power of 400 W, ensuring excellent sound quality.
- It has an impressive wireless range of up to 300ft, sufficient to allow pairing with any wireless device in the area where your party takes place.
- You can connect it with several types of devices through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, so nothing prevents you from enjoying your favorite music, no matter where you have it stored or how you stream it.
- The device is waterproof, and this makes it perfect for outdoor entertainment, even in places where it could get wet, such as near the pool or in the rain.
- The robust design makes KUBE Sound safe to transport and handle by anyone, anywhere.
- The adjustable handles ensure convenience and versatility when it comes to moving the speaker from one place to the other.
- The battery life is long enough to cover up to 20 hours of music on a single charge.
- Sound quality is very good, the system being able to render high bass and reach high volume, the sound covering a hearing range of up to 500ft.
- The speaker is less bulky than traditional multi-piece sound systems, which means it is easy to transport by car and store.
- The cooler is big enough to store about 16 bottles and keep them cold for 24 hours.
- The lid of the cooler is easy to activate through a gentle push.
- The interior of the compartment has fade-in lighting, letting you see what is inside even in the dark.
KUBE Sound Weaknesses
- The price is one of the major weaknesses of the product since it is quite prohibitive for many potential buyers.
- The Sound could become painful at 125dB for naïve listeners, so the speakers require careful configuration and responsible use.
- Although the Li-ion battery should provide 20 hours of power, its performance will depend on the music volume. If you listen to music at 122dB, you should not expect more than 5 hours of uninterrupted playtime. The 20 hours of battery life only apply for volume under 94dB and without using the cooler.
- “Weatherproof” certainly does not mean that you keep the KUBE Sound underwater. Even if the components have IP67 rating for resistance against water, prolonged exposure to water could still cause damages.
- The KUBE Sound is not in stock, and if you want to buy one you need to make a down payment and reserve a unit. This down payment should cover 10% of the final value, which means around $300, with no delivery date guarantees.
- Although the product is handy to carry thanks to its adjustable, solid handles, you should not forget that it weighs about 50 lbs, even more with a loaded cooler, so carrying it around could be a challenge. The solution is for two persons to move it. When placed in or carried by boat, careful ranging is vital, as its weight could tilt the boat and even turn it over, especially if it is a small boat.
- The return policy is quite strict, and the 60 business days make for quite a long period to keep one’s money blocked, especially since the amount is not negligible either. At this price, a more flexible and accessible refund policy could work miracles.
- The shipping, insurance and handling costs could represent a considerable loss for those who decide to return the product, which just adds up to the long refund waiting period.
The Bottom Line about KUBE Sound
This system comes with an impressively alluring presentation, but one whose details buyers have very few means to check. Since it is not available for direct orders, there are no buyer reviews. Yes, the company has a good reputation, and they released many innovative devices, but what if this will be their first failure. Keeping almost $3000 blocked for 60 business days is not exactly convenient.
Then, assuming they will deliver, it is reasonable to expect a slightly shorter battery life, a much lower Bluetooth range, and decent, but not perfect sound quality. Let’s face it, all products that make promises similar to KUBE Sound fail to live up to their promise. Since the manufacturer given no details on how they managed to overcome technology shortcomings, chances are they will disappoint some buyers as well.
All in all, the final decision is yours and should rely on your answer to a couple of questions. Do you have $3000 to invest in a speaker/cooler combo? Are you willing to wait for months to get your product, and then, to recover your money if you are not satisfied with it? Have you checked other products, did your math, and still want to take the next step?
If your answer to all these questions is positive, then maybe you should go ahead and place your order. Before you do so, however, do not forget to check other speakers and coolers. Buying two separate devices whose functionality you can check could be more convenient than investing in a prohibitively expensive one that has yet to reach the market, like KUBE Sound.